The Superintendents’ Environmental Education Collaborative was formed through a partnership between Superintendents and environmental education organizations. SEEC is comprised of district-level superintendents who are committed to support and expand the EE opportunities for their schools, teachers, and students. SEEC is supported by the North American Association for Environmental Education and Project Learning Tree. These organizations have networks of EE providers and resources to support EE efforts by school districts.
We work to advance EE by:
- Assisting school districts in obtaining funding from the ESSA
- Forming partnerships between school districts and EE organizations
- Sharing model programs in school districts to learn from each other
We seek to increase high-quality environmental education for all students across the nation.
We aim to expand environmental education programs for all students to provide robust, real-world learning experiences that bolster STEM learning, civic engagement, and prepare students for the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century workforce.
Why form a collaborative?
There is a need because:
- Federal funding is timely
- The collaborative connects superintendents to the EE community
- EE enhances environmental literacy
- Environmental issues will dominate future challenges and opportunities
- EE bolsters STEM learning and prepares students for 21st Century workforce